Tuesday, April 9, 2013

I quilted my quilt!

Yep, I did it. And it was so much fun! I actually really really enjoyed the process. In the end I did go for the simple rectangle from the original pattern. It took me about 5 hours, with plenty of breaks, to quilt. I'm so happy with how it turned out! My machine is such a good little workhorse :-)


Today I spent some time spritzing with water to take out the marker pen (which all came out fine, phew). Now I just have to wait for the fabric I've ordered for my binding to arrive.

I sort of picked and choose which online advice to follow and think I did ok overall. I didn't use gloves, and felt fine without them. I did make sure I marked every line. I did concentrate on just keeping the bit I was quilting flat, and not worrying about the rest.

The best information I got (and what I would recommend to other beginning quilters, especially on small machines) was from this video and this book.

Now it's quilted, I can't wait to finish it!

3 comments:

  1. wow very niceeeeeeeeeeeeee
    hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great, can't wait to see it in full!

    Alison
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous project! I can't wait to see the finished piece :)
    Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my blog! I love hearing from you and appreciate every one.