Thursday, April 4, 2013

Taking the Plunge

So, I have a quilt sandwich. It's beautifully unwrinkled and completely overly-pinned (I think I have about 150 pins in that thing, which seems like a lot for the size of the quilt!). It's lying in my spare room, all ready to go. I've been reading tutorials on straight line quilting and quilting with a small harp space. I still have to decide 100 % on my pattern - the quilt I based mine on (here) uses a rectangle box, but I'm not sure if I want to go for that or just lines, or intersecting lines. . .or. . . .

Anyway! This weekend will be it I think. I have some time (even enough time to push furniture around to make a big enough table to do it on). I'm going to take the plunge and quilt my first ever quilt. After I've done a practice swatch or two. And tested that my blue soluble marker REALLY will come out of VERY white fabric.

So quilty followers. . . . any last things I need to know? Tips and hints of the trade? How crucial is a new needle? wearing gloves? will it all fall apart if I take a break? Tell me now or forever hold your peace. Any help is much much appreciated :)

Wish me luck!

Sarah

P.S I apologise for the lack of photos with this post. I had taken one of it all nicely pinned, but it was in low light on my phone and turned out unrecognisable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on my blog! I love hearing from you and appreciate every one.