Thursday, May 23, 2013

Decisions, Decisions! A quilty pattern round up

Still nothing to share, because its still raining. Actually, today was mostly sunny, but I went to work and came home in the dark (I have a 40 minute commute, and get a 30 minute lunchbreak, so no taking photos at lunch either. I'm getting to the stage I'm thinking of taking things I want to photograph to work). Lets hope for some sunshine in the weekend!

In the mean time, I thought I'd share a quick round-up of quilty patterns I've been considering for my SECOND quilt ever. I had a few criteria I was looking for:  a modern aesthetic that will suit our bedroom decor, precut friendly and preferably free. Here's the shortlist:











I have a feeling it might be a choose one for now, do some of the others later type decision. Which one is your favourite? Any others you think I should throw into the pool? You can see some of my runners up on my pinterest board Quilty Goodness

P.S I feel like I should explain why I'm going for precut quilts for now. A. I don't have a full size cutting board or ruler yet B. The quilt shops in my region have a very traditional focus (the nearest modern quilt store is over two hours away) and are also EXPENSIVE. Precuts make buying online, often from the other side of the world, more cost effective and means I get to play with modern prints a bit more often. But I think I need to start a sampler quilt soon, to start upping my skills!

3 comments:

  1. I love the granny square quilt, gorgeous!

    Alison
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww they all so sweet but I love granny square quilt so much..
    Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the labirynth one the best .X

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my blog! I love hearing from you and appreciate every one.