Friday, May 3, 2013

Finally Finished. . . Iris in Bloom!

So, after almost a year (I started this mid-May 2012), Iris in Bloom is finished. It counts among the biggest pieces I've ever stitched and was BY FAR the most complex in terms of shading and confetti stitching. All that purple!! (not to mention all that green!!)


Worth it? Totally. It's gorgeous. And it's for my mum. Which quite honestly makes most things worth it. Even a year late mother's day present. I'm not sure how she wants to frame it, so it's unfinished for now.

 Pattern: Iris in Bloom
Threads: DMC as charted
Time: May 2012-April 2013

I don't think I'm going to be doing another piece this big for a little while. Even if I have several John Clayton for Heritage patterns calling to me. It's time for some smalls, some easy finishes. I'm thinking of some hardanger just to mix it up a bit. Just for a little while! 


You can see Iris in progress here, here and here

That's all for now,

Sarah

10 comments:

  1. wow looking so pretty..
    big hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful. I'm sure your mum's going to love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow it looks stunning. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Iris is beautiful. Your Mum will be really pleased with it - and Mums never mind if it's a year late!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, I bet your Mum will love it, what a special gift !

    Alison
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous piece! I'm sure your mom will treasure it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just totally amazing. You are so talented and not to mention dedicated.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on a stunning finish. I look forward to seeing what you stitch next :)
    Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my blog! I love hearing from you and appreciate every one.