Monday, May 20, 2013

IHSW May: Spot the difference!

Joining in with International Hermit and Stitch Weekend over at Random Ramblings


For something different I've been trying my first piece of hardanger. It's been interesting trying to get my head around it! Here's before the weekend


After much much pulling out and restitching, here's where I ended up (to be fair, there also wasn't a lot of stitchy time over the weekend).


Spot the progress! (the first photo is true to the colours). I think I have my head around it now, though I'm a bit nervous about the whole cutting holes in it thing that is still to come. It's fun, and I'm loving the colours in the caron thread.

Sarah

8 comments:

  1. Looks very pretty. Love the colors, good luck with the rest of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is super cool. I don't know what kind of stitching it was that you mentioned up there at the beginning, but I dig it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute hardanger piece--love the colors! Cutting isn't bad if you have enough light and magnification, if you need it. Can't wait to see how this turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't be nervous about cutting. If you do snip your thread, you can restitch that part, honest! Hardanger is lovely so it's great to see you having a go. I'm doing a SAL at the moment and it's stretching me each month - if you enjoy this projec,t you could join in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely stitching! Don't be afraid of cutting, I've done it - you can do it too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is said that any progress is good progress. What bright colors, and good luck with the snipping. I have never learned hardanger, but I love others' work!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my blog! I love hearing from you and appreciate every one.