Tuesday, August 20, 2013

I can't walk! (also IHSW August)

Last week the problem I mentioned a few weeks back resulted in surgery. Which was . . . an interesting experience? And also means I can't currently walk. Actually that's not true, I walked to the mailbox today and considered it a major victory. Here's my nicely bandaged leg a week post-surgery


You don't want to see what's underneath that. I mean it, I saw it yesterday and I wish I could unsee it! 
Anyways, being housebound is a good excuse for picking up the needle, so I made a new start over the weekend. Coinciding nicely with IHSW August 





This is the beginning of John Clayton's Tuscany. I haven't stitched on aida in ages, so it's been fun getting used to it again! When it's finished it should look something like this . . . 


I'm hoping to have it finished by the end of October, which will be just in time to enter it in the 'unframed' class at the local show, which I got the entry forms for last week. 

Hope all you IHSW ladies had a productive, hermity weekend (but not as hermity as mine!) 

Sarah


12 comments:

  1. Ouch. Wishing you a speedy recovery. Love the new start, I think you definitely deserved it though. I look forward to seeing your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you feel better soon...
    Sweet stitching.
    Big hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you heal up soon. Not fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope your leg gets better soon!

    Alison
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wishing you a speedy recovery! Wonderful chart and nice start!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heal quickly! Love your new start.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope your leg is feeling better, but what a great excuse to stitch stitch and stitch some more! Excellent progress, keep it up! Hope you and your leg get better soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you recover quickly and don't try to walk too much! Stitch more :D Lovely new start. Sometimes it's fun to go back to aida every once in awhile!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you recover quickly. My friend stitched this design and it is absolutely gorgeous when finished.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kia ora from Auckland :) great to discover another kiwi cross stitch blog. Wishing you a quick recovery, and hurray for stitching time!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you heal very soon! Great new start, it's going to be gorgeous when it's all finished :) Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my blog! I love hearing from you and appreciate every one.