Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Some BIG news!

This year hasn’t worked out well for me and blogging. .  . I think I’ve been ‘on hiatus’ for more of this year then I haven’t, for a variety of reasons, but mostly because of this great idea someone had for me to work full time and study part time :-P All in all, it’s been rather quiet around here. Lately it’s been a bit quieter than usual . . . but I have a good reason! I promise! There have been some big things going on in the lives of husband and I . . . which are resulting in a move. We’re going from here. . . . to here.



By this time next month I’ll be jetting off to the UK on a permanent basis. The land of craft magazines, shows, classes, cheap books and cheap flights to Europe (you don’t know how lucky you are). At the moment my house looks a little like a bomb has hit it, with piles of ‘keeping’ and ‘not keeping’ all over the floor. I’m still crafting a little when there’s time, but at the moment that’s not something I have a lot of. 

Hopefully I’ll be around the blog a little more now. I feel like I need to document the journey somehow! It’s a big change for a girl who’s lived almost her whole life within an hour of where she was born. 

So check back soon for some new adventures, both crafty and not! And if you’re a New Zealand crafty blogger, I’m in the midst of a massive destash for the move. . .  more details coming on that soon :-P 

Sarah

15 comments:

  1. Sending you lots of love and big hugs and lots of best wishes too :)
    Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. As you make the move to the northern hemisphere, I'll be making the opposite journey back home to CHCH. Hope your move goes smoothly, and keep those winter woollies and wet weather gear handy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh looking forward to following your journey too! I was in Christchurch just yesterday. It's looking very different than my uni days (which really weren't that long ago). Exciting place to be

      Delete
  3. oh, where abouts are you moving too: scarves, jumpers, coats and umbrella to the ready!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting! If you ever need some company (I know how bad homesickness can get, especially when you're lonely) let me know and I'm sure I can assemble a group of stitchers to keep you company for a weekend or something :) Where are you moving to? Hope it all goes well! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds good! We're going to be based in the Midlands :-)

      Delete
  5. Good luck with the move . At the moment you will definitely need umbrellas and waterproofs , though it has stopped raining at the moment , first time in three days x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome to the land of umbrellas and winter woolies! Be good to welcome you to the UK. Whereabouts are you being based? Looking forward to reading about your travels.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sarah,
    I have been re-discovering your blog just lately. I used to follow along a few years ago but then took quite a big break from blogging in general. You've done a lot of crafting during that time! Very exciting about your big move - being an ex-pat myself, I love reading about the adventures of other New Zealanders living overseas :o) I will read about your journey with interest! Good luck with the packing!
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh no! There are so few of us NZ crafty bloggers, I will be sorry to lose you to the UK, but still following your adventures from afar. As for the de-stash lemme know! I'm more than happy to help you there LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow good luck and best wishes on your move! Sounds amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. How exciting! Have you been to your new hometown before? Do you know what to expect? Hopefully it will be a rural part of the Midlands rather than an inner city bit, they are not so nice! Warwick is lovely though, nice castle. The whole area is very central for everything except the seaside but I am sure you will be touring around too once you get here.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good luck with the move! I hope things calm down for you soon :)
    Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my blog! I love hearing from you and appreciate every one.