Monday, November 4, 2013

Finally Framed!!!

I finished the cross stitch that's in my header almost two years ago now!! The night before the husband and I got married, as it happens. Since then. . . it has sat safely in my mothers linen cupboard. Fortunately, she is more proactive than I am. She recently sent the iris I had stitched for her away to be framed and sent mine away at the same time.


I knew from the moment I finished that I wanted a 6 or 8 sided frame for this piece. My mother-in-law has one from the same series in an octagon frame on her wall that I've long admired. It was my framers first attempt at a hexagon frame, but I love how it's turned out!

It's come back to me just in time. . .  to be carefully bubble wrapped and packed into a sea freight box. I'm looking forward to hanging it on my wall in the UK, when I have one (it means that this piece will have travelled to the UK from NZ not once, but twice!).

Iris is also now beautifully framed, but I forgot to take a photo over the weekend when I was at my parents. . . hopefully next weekend!

Sarah

7 comments:

  1. Beautifully framed. Very unusual.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks wonderful in its frame and will look lovely hanging on the wall in your new home :)
    Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the framing for it...beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my blog! I love hearing from you and appreciate every one.