Friday, March 14, 2014

A rather late new start

I made a new cross stitch start this week, yay! I've been waiting to start this one for about a month, but wanted to finish Tuscany first.


What is it? It's the husband and I's third annual Christmas ornament (I would link to the previous ones but I can't find them on the blog. How about I show them to you when I finish this one). I'm only starting it three months after Christmas!!! I had the best of intentions, but with our across the world move I only got as far as picking the pattern before Christmas and didn't even order the kit until mid-January. Better late than never I suppose??

I try to pick an ornament to represent our lives at that time, so this one is vaguely travel related (very vaguely) and features a sentiment that we had to keep close in mind at the time!

I'm not going to reveal what the pattern is just yet, but I'll give you a clue. It's a Dimensions kit and is already driving me up the wall, as it features cross stitch in 1, 2 or 3 strands, half cross stitch in 1, 2 or 3 strands, a TON of backstitch and lots of stitches using strands from multiple colours. I think it's one of the hardest to read patterns I've ever come across.

The other half is away for the weekend, so I'm planning lots of stitching to keep myself occupied!

Sarah

2 comments:

  1. I love new starts! I just love the process of picking the chart then going through my fabrics and pulling the threads just so nice!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my blog! I love hearing from you and appreciate every one.