Wednesday, April 16, 2014

The Cookbook Challenge: Country Calendar Cookbook





Still trying to make my way through my cookbooks, one at a time! The challenge has been going really well so far I think. I haven't felt pressured, but at the same time have been looking at my cookbooks more when I feel like baking/cooking. Yay! This week it's 'The Country Calendar Cookbook,' by Alyson Gofton, which I have used precisely zero times since buying it a year ago. Which is sad, because Alyson Gofton is one of my favourite cookbook writers and it's a lovely book to flick through - filled with stories and recipes from the long running New Zealand TV show Country Calendar. For the non-Kiwi's among you, it's a half hour program that each week examines a different farm or rural person in a conversational, documentary style.  


The recipes are handily divided up by season, which was great because I was looking for a 'spring' recipe. I ended up trying out the 'Spring Chickpea Pasta Salad,' which I happened to have all the ingredients on hand for at the time and went well with a steak and green salad on a sunny evening. 




I was really pleased with how it turned out, but then again I love chickpeas, so I probably always was. Its definitely a recipe I'd use again, though unfortunately the leftovers from this one ended up languishing in the fridge because I was to sick to eat them!! Next time. . . 
 

Sarah

2 comments:

  1. That cookbook sounds interesting, I'll have to borrow it from the library!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my blog! I love hearing from you and appreciate every one.