Sunday, July 27, 2014

Visiting Chatsworth

It's no secret that I'm a big fan of history. And that I'm a big fan of costume drama. So it's no surprise that when the lovely husband made me make a bucket list of things I'd like to see when we moved to the UK that Chatsworth was pretty high up on the list. The history of this stately home goes back to 1549 and it's been used as a set for many famous costume dramas (including multiple versions of Pride and Prejudice).

My sister-in-law has been staying with us this week and Chatsworth seemed the perfect destination for a mid-week day trip (it was so lovely to have a last-minute day off work in the middle of the week too!). Here's some photos from our trip. We've been having such lovely weather in the UK lately!

Gorgeous hand-painted wallpaper

Don't you just love the sign they have to put on Mr Darcy!

Beautiful wildflowers




Who wouldn't want a bath in their cupboard?




Hope those of you in the Northern Hemisphere are all enjoying this glorious summer! 

Sarah

4 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a wonderful time. That wallpaper would make a beautiful fabric x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sign just made me giggle, I wonder how many times he has almost been knocked over while being kissed :) The weather is gorgeous, my kids and husband were swimming / paddling in a loch today and didn't freeze!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chatsworth looks so beautiful in the sunshine, thank you for sharing your pics, I'm glad you had such a lovely day out.
    Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Sarah, what a simply lovely way to spend a day! I would gladly go with you next time. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my blog! I love hearing from you and appreciate every one.