Wednesday, August 13, 2014

A real actual finish

For the first time in what feels like a very long time I have a proper finish to share. Recently some friends of ours announced their engagement. They're a couple that work really well together, so we're really excited for them. The perfect excuse for a stitched engagement card! (plus I love doing special occasion stitches in general!).


The design is from Joan Elliott's 'Cross Stitch Greeting Cards' book and is called 'Celtic Wedding.' I thought this was particularly appropriate as the happy couple got engaged on holiday in Scotland!


It's stitched on 28 count linen (I forget the colour, it was just a small scrap from my stash) with the recommended DMC threads and Mill Hill beads. It's such a pretty design (I'm not sure these photos do it justice) and worked up so quickly - I feel like I'll be keeping it in mind for use again!! 

It feels so nice to have actually started and finished a crafty project for the first time in months. Hopefully it will give me inspiration to pick up my other works in progress again. . .  

Sarah

6 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous, what a lucky couple getting such a beautiful card! A x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is SO pretty! What a gorgeous design. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to the happy couple! The card is a truly lovely design :)
    Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my blog! I love hearing from you and appreciate every one.