Sunday, September 14, 2014

The Cookbook Challenge: Bake


The Cookbook Challenge continues! Bake, by Allyson Gofton is my go-to baking book. It is full of basics, and kiwi classics, with contemporary spins. It's presented beautifully and contains recipes I go back to again again and again, like my favourite recipe for Chocolate Chip Cookies.





For the Cookbook Challenge, I tried out the basic Flapjack recipe. Actually, I tried out the basic flapjack recipe because I felt like baking the day before grocery day and its one of those recipes that can be made just with pantry staples (though I threw in some sultanas just to spice it up a bit)


I'm declaring this one a definite success. It involved less than 10 minutes prep time, and turned out gloriously. Tasty, without having that overly greasy, buttery feel that flapjack sometimes can. And the husband ate three pieces in less than 10 minutes when it came out of the oven. I'll be doing this recipe again, and trying some of the suggested variations on it too.

For those who want to try this themselves, many of the recipes from Allyson Gofton's older cookbooks are available from her website, including this one! (though it doesn't have the variations on it included in the cookbook)

Until next time,

Sarah

2 comments:

  1. Flapjack is one of my favourite things to bake, yours looks yummy :)
    Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my blog! I love hearing from you and appreciate every one.