Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Christmas Project #1

Remember those three Christmas projects? They all got done and were in place a week before Christmas! I vowed I would take photos before they got packed away and waited for a day with good enough light. . . and promptly forgot. They got packed away with the rest of the Christmas bits and pieces! Fortunately our Christmas box is easy to access and they've been unpacked again so I can show you.

The day with a good light still hasn't materialised, so excuse my artificial light photos.


I've done an annual ornament each year for other half and I since the year we got engaged and I try to pick something thats representative of the year that's past. I felt like this design reflected the new addition to our lives in 2014 quite nicely:


The design is finished as a flat ornament with a silver twisted cord trim. My first successful border trim attachment finish! It's backed with a scrap leftover from one of my other Christmas projects (that one coming soon).



The Info
Pattern: Christmas Cat Tree, by Brittercup Designs (Just Cross Stitch Ornament ed. 2011)
Threads: DMC, charted by me. The tree is 4050.
Fabric: 32 count Permin Linen, Lambswool

1 comment:

  1. Love this ornament's shape. I've been hesitant to try one that isn't square. This turned out beautifully! Happy 2015!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my blog! I love hearing from you and appreciate every one.