Monday, January 26, 2015

Cross Stitch: Spring Chicks Finished

I started these Spring Chicks back in April last year! But finishing my Christmas projects has put me into the mood to finish off some other outstanding projects as well.

Sometimes things don't turn out the way you intended. I started these off for a spring-themed pillow, but by the time I finished I realised that the colours I'd chosen didn't look quite right for what I had in mind.


No matter. Things not turning out as one expected has its own rewards. Throw in some card blanks and ribbon and these two chicks have turned into some lovely cards for a few birthdays coming up. Yay for serendipity (and another project off the WIP pile).

In other news the sadness that is winter continues to mean artificial light photos. . . 

The Details
Pattern: Freebie, I think it was from the Coats Craft website, but can't find it there anymore
Fabric: Misc 14ct cream aida from stash
Threads: Assorted DMC of my own choosing
Finishing: Card blanks and ribbon thanks to HobbyCraft

1 comment:

Thanks for commenting on my blog! I love hearing from you and appreciate every one.