Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Crochet: A Weeping Angel

One of my good friends is a total Whovian and I've been thinking for a while that I needed to do some Dr Who themed projects for her. This was started in November with the intention of a Christmas gift but ended up being finished in January, just in time for her February birthday.


I think this is definitely the cutest Weeping Angel I've ever seen! She turned out pretty adorable and it was a surprisingly hard thing to let her go off her mantelpiece! She stands unaided thanks to a well placed disc of cardboard at the base of the body.


I'm chuffed with the success of my second ever amigurumi project, especially the shaping and attaching the pieces together, which I think I'm starting to get better at with practice. I feel like I need more people in my life I can make 'toys' for!

Don't Blink!
The Details
Pattern: Weeping Angel, by Irene McCormick (free on Ravelry), crocheted as charted
Yarn: Paton's Diploma Gold DK in Charcoal
Hook: 3.5mm

2 comments:

Thanks for commenting on my blog! I love hearing from you and appreciate every one.