Sunday, February 22, 2015

The Tiniest Fox in the World

It was the birthday of a friend this weekend. Unfortunately it had been a busy week, which combined with illness meant opportunities for present buying were limited. Good thing I have boxes and boxes of crafty supplies at home right?!

May I introduce, the tiniest fox in the world. . . (or so I'm claiming)

Embroidery scissors for scale

I knew I had some keyring blanks lying around that would make a perfect small gift if I could find a pattern I liked small enough to fit in one. That proved a tougher challenge than I first thought. . .  which may have been a good thing.


There was just nothing small enough! Solution? Stitching over one thread on 28ct fabric. Much better! (and to be honest, easier than I had been led to believe. I was thankful for my daylight lamp though). As for a pattern. Well, for the first time in my cross stitching life I ended up pretty much making it up as I went along. Which went surprisingly well and is definitely something I'll be trying again.

A couple of hours of stitching while watching TV, a scrap of fusible interfacing and some green felt later, this little guy was all done.

The Details
Pattern: I winged it, with inspiration from this photo on Pinterest for the shape and a bit of guidance from this free pattern (unfortunately no longer available, I have the magazine it originally appeared in) as to actual stitching
Fabric: Scrap misc. 28 ct
Thread: Misc kit leftovers in stash
Finishing: Keyring blank with felt backing

Here's hoping he's well received! To be honest I'm very tempted to keep him for myself. Good thing I still have a few keyring blanks to spare!




4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, he (or is it a she?!) is adorable! A x

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG he's so adorable! The tininess just makes it even cuter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really cute!! Just to say, I loved all your works and add your blog to follow you! Kisses!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my blog! I love hearing from you and appreciate every one.